Tourism in India has significant potential considering the rich cultural and historical heritage, variety in ecology, terrains and places of natural beauty spread across the country.
Ethipothala Falls is a 70 feet (21 m) high river cascade, situated in Guntur district, Andhra Pradesh India. Located on the Chandravanka river, which is a tributary of River Krishna joining on its right bank. The waterfall is a combination of three streams namely Chandravanka Vagu, Nakkala Vagu and Tummala Vagu. It is situated about 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) from Nagarjuna Sagar Dam. The river then joins the Krishna river after the dam after travelling about 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) from the falls. A strategic view point was created by Andhra Pradesh Tourism Department from the adjacent hillock. There are Ranganatha and Dattatreya temples in the vicinity. There is a crocodile breeding centre in the pond formed by the water fall. Water from the Nagarjuna Sagar right bank canal is released in to the above streams to keep the water fall alive or flowing throughout the year for tourism purpose.
The etymology - name of the falls Ethipothala is derived from "eththi", and "potha" Telugu Language means to "lift and pour". Alternatively it could also have been possibly derived from "eththu" (1.noun form of the verb eththi - 'lifting', and 2.also the great height from which the water falls) and "potha", meaning the downpour as in kundapotha, connoting the downpour of water from a great height.
Incidentally the word ethipothala is also a terminology coined in Telugu for Lift Irrigation. It is a misnomer for the people assume that "Ethipothala Falls" are part of Lift Irrigation Scheme. As far as "Ethipothala Falls" are concerned it has nothing to do with Government's "Ethipothala Padhakam".
The reasons for this confusion is because
- The administration and media in AP widely use the term "Ethipothala Padhakam" to refer to Lift Irrigation Scheme (LIS).
- Both terms are related to water bodies like rivers, falls, canals etc.
- There is a Major Irrigation Project Nagarjuna Sagar located very nearby Ethipothala Falls. This gives a scope for people to assume that these falls are part of that project, though that project does not do any activity of LIS.
From Hyderabad, a best place for a day tour. While Tourism provides one day tour from Hyderabad to this place, self-drive will be joyful. Start in the morning as early as possible, pack breakfast to have it on the way (green lush road sides), check in to Budda Purnima, a boat journey on Sagar dam water. Post lunch, move to silent and nature beauty Ettipotala Waterfalls. Stay till evening, enjoy the breeze and drive back on ghat road. Pack enough drinking water and food beverages.
ABOUT ETTIPOTHALA HARITHA HOTEL:
The hotel located close to Ettipothala Water Fall is maintained well by the tourism department and there are adequate A/C and Non A/C rooms for catering to the tourists. Haritha Hotel Ettipothala is the place to rest for tourists visiting the Ettipothala Water Fall.
ETTIPOTHALA HARITHA HOTEL ROOMS TARIFF & ETTIPOTHALA HARITHA HOTEL ROOM OPTIONS:
There are Only Two Types of Room Options Available in Ettipothala Haritha Hotel
1) AC STANDARD ROOM: Rs.1482/- per room per day (Base Tariff is Rs.1300/- + Taxes)
2) NON-AC STANDARD ROOM: Rs.735/- per room per day (Base Tariff is Rs.700/- + Taxes)
BOOKING RULES FOR ETTIPOTHALA HARITHA HOTEL RESERVATION:
Advance & Online Booking Options: You should book Minimum One Day Advance & Maximum 90 Days Advance as per Availability of Rooms
Check-Out Time: 24 Hours
Number of Persons Allowed: 02 Adults per Room (02 Children below 10 Years Complementary)
Extra Beds Option: Not Available
Extra Persons Option: Only One Extra Person per Room is Allowed with Extra Person Charges (Extra Person Charges are Rs.300/- in AC Rooms & Rs.200/- in Non AC Rooms)
Food Options: Food Charges Extra - Payable as per your order at the Restaurant
CANCELLATION RULES FOR ETTIPOTHALA HARITHA HOTEL RESERVATION:
1) "No Cancellation / No Refunds" if you request for cancellation within One Day / 24 Hours prior to Check-in Time / Day, and/or On Check-in Date, and/or after Check-in Time / Date,
2) "20% Cancellation Charges" If you request for cancellation within Two (02) Days (48 hours) in advance and up to One Day (24 hours) prior to the Check-in Time / Date,
3) "10% Cancellation Charges" If you request for cancellation more than Two (02) Days (48 hours) in advance prior to the Check-in Time / Date,
4) "Partial Cancellation" is allowed only for Once subject to cancellation rules as mentioned at S No.1,2,3 above (No Further Modification / No Cancellation / No Refund after One Time Modification / Partial Cancellation),
5) "Full Preponement / Full Postponement" is allowed only for Once subject to availability of rooms, in such cases, the ticket/request should be presented more than One Day (24 hours) in advance prior to the Check-in Time / Date (No Further Modification / No Cancellation / No Refund after One Time Preponement/Postponement). Partial Preponement / Partial Postponement is not allowed
6) If Your Ticket/Reservation once modified (preponed / postponed / partially cancelled) cannot be further modified and not allowed for further cancellation / modification / preponement or postponement,
ETTIPOTHALA HARITHA HOTEL RESERVATION:
Kindly Use the Below Links for Ettipothala Haritha Hotel Online Reservation & Ettipothala Haritha Hotel Advance Reservation
Ettipothala Haritha Hotel Online Reservation
Ettipothala Haritha Hotel Advance Reservation
Taramati Baradari Resort
Tourism Plaza - Hyderabad
Araku Tyda Jungle Bells
Araku Ananthagiri Hills
Help us to make Tourism-Hospitality.com better, provide us with your suggestions and comments, Your Inputs will be forwarded to the appropriate editors.